Literacy and Numeracy are very important part of our
programs here at the Ascot Primary School.
It is therefore our intention to have all students develop
the right attitude in being both proficient in their
literacy and numeracy skills before they are at the
Grade 6 level.
In alignment with our vision, we aim to have our
students surpass the standard of literacy and numeracy
level set out by the Ministry of Education. We aim to
maintain no less than 85% of our student’s mastery on
both literacy and numeracy.
In order to achieve our objectives, we are employing the following strategies:
• The use of specialized teachers in the various fields.
• Provide the students with a rich environment.
• Encourage students in co-
• The use of grading practices that promote positive results.
• The issue of awards to encourage and maintain high and competitive standards.
• The advent of student/parent interactions with regular conferencing.
in making Ascot Primary School one of the Top 5 Primary schools in Jamaica.